'Game of Thrones' Review: An Epic and Slightly Confusing Fantasy

According to Internet Media:   Many of my favorite HBO dramas had to grow on me. Shows like Rome, Deadwood and The Wire had rich, complex stories and it took me a while to fully understand and appreciate all of them. That's exactly how I feel about HBO's newest show, Game of Thrones.

The epic fantasy show based on a popular book series tried to cram one hour of exposition and about two or three dozen characters into the premiere, and while I felt confused at times (how can I be expected to keep track of all of Ned Stark's children?), I started to get a grasp on everything as the episode ended. Like the other great HBO shows, this one will have to give me time to catch up.

As you may have guessed, I have not read the books. If I had, I'd probably have an easier time understanding all of the intrigue and the purpose of the Pentos subplot, but even without that knowledge, Game of Thrones worked.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...