Get Me an Edible Arrangement for Mother's Day & You'll Be Sorry

According to Internet Media:   Apparently, the must-have Mother's Day gift this year is an Edible Arrangement. Yes, I'm talking about those made-to-order baskets of fruit filled with melon slices and berries cut to look like flowers (or, more accurately, a 3-year-old's crayon drawing of "flowers"). Oddly, this news comes right on the heels of an announcement that economists are stymied by the franchise's continued success "despite its complete lack of any discernible consumer appeal." I'm with the econs -- please don't get me an Edible Arrangement for Mother's Day! Am I missing something here? Did I skip my mandatory dose of Edible Arrangement Kool-Aid?

To me these things look like a preschool art project or something an office manager would order in an attempt to brighten up a weekly staff meeting. An assemblage of pineapple daisies put together with toothpicks could be cute on a baby shower buffet table. But as a meaningful thanks for everything you do, woman who brought me into the world? Not so much.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...