Mike Quade takes train to Wrigley

According to Internet Media: CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs manager Mike Quade had interesting company as he made his way to Wrigley Field on Friday for Opening Day.

He sat next to someone wearing a St. Louis Cardinals hat. Actually, it's not that surprising considering Quade uses public transportation.

"Nobody noticed me two days in a row on the [train]," Quade said. "Today I caught the 903 [train] at 8 a.m. I sat next to a guy wearing a Cardinals hat, so I knew he wouldn't recognize me."

It's not like Quade was in his Cubs gear.

"I had a coat on and a hat that was given to me, says 'Rush' -- the rock band," Quade said. "Everybody knows that I'm a huge Led Zeppelin and Rush fan."

Listening to those rock bands on headphones may prove useful on Quade's commutes if the Cubs slump at times this season.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...